Ante's Syberia Fan Page

Syberian community related topics.

Moderators: gail, phil1908

Ante's Syberia Fan Page

Postby Pifou » Thu 20 Oct 2005 21:54

Last edited by Pifou on Sat 5 Nov 2005 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
Pifou
Shaman

Postby NiniendoLeibowitz » Sat 5 Nov 2005 10:12

Worth a sticky, imo.
NiniendoLeibowitz
VIP

Postby phil1908 » Sat 5 Nov 2005 13:57

it's done :twisted:
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Sat 5 Nov 2005 14:32

Thanks Phil and Niniendo, Ante's Syberia fanpage is a great web site...

++
Pif :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby Ante » Mon 5 Dec 2005 23:33

Thanks for making this sticky and no, my site is not that great :) I just had a chat with Senta and she made one good point - navigation should fit on one screen. Now I (all the others) need to scroll down to see the whole menu. I'm trying to implement a new publishing system that would allow me to manage my site via web browser thus making it easier to update it! I'll keep you updated of what's going on.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby Senta » Tue 6 Dec 2005 18:50

Your sites are great Ante :)
Worth of sticky defenetly!
There is just so much to read ;) Lot's of information to Syberia-fans.
I'm sure you will find a way to fix that thing like you solved my problem :oops:
I think I wouldn't had even dream about making homepages myself if you haven't been there to help 8)
Thanks again :D
Takes one, to know one sweetheart.
-Kate Walker-
Senta
VIP

Postby phil1908 » Tue 6 Dec 2005 19:18

sure it's great 8)

to have to scroll from time time isn't a real problem :?
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Ante » Tue 6 Dec 2005 22:01

Ok, ok... but... I tested today the new publishing and content management system called PHP-update and it works pretty well. There are still a couple of problems I need to solve but it seems quite obvious that I will slowly move into this new system.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby phil1908 » Wed 7 Dec 2005 09:56

good luck :wink:
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby Sunich » Fri 6 Jan 2006 20:20

That site is really worth visiting! Ante keep up the great work!
Sunich
VIP

Postby Ante » Thu 15 Jun 2006 20:36

I was trying to find a discussion dedicated to me but since one doesn't exist I thought that it wouldn't probably hurt if I use this discussion.

Well, now it has been over a year at my new job. A lots of things has happened. Today, for example, I spent a good amount of time trying to figure it out how to connect my work laptop remotely to the company network. In other words I was making it possible not to work only at my working place but from anywhere on the reach of internet. Damn I'm stupid.

Then something I keep wondering - why they're called laptops if a) they are too heavy to carry around, b) run too hot to held in your lap and c) have a battery that lasts maximum three hours ie. keeps you tied close to the nearest socket.

A couple of days ago I had a meeting at 9. After bad night I woke up at 8:15. It takes ~1 hour to get to work from home by public transportation (bus, train and another bus). So I leaped to shower, dressed in suit and called a taxi. 30 minutes later and 23 euros poorer (is that a word, but anyway, it's the amount of taxi bill from home to office) I was at my desk, sweating and reading the meeting invitation to find out where the meeting is being held. Well, I couldn't find the invitation. The reason - it was cancelled. Man, I was pissed off.

Do you know what is Juhannus? What about Midsummer Night? The same thing. It's on next week and I'm frustrated. See, everyone has a summer house or cottage and everyone is going to meet their parents on the country side or spend their Midsummer Night with their friends and I'm not invited. What I'm going to do? Stay at home - not an option, doesn't feel like a proper way to spend Midsummer Night. What else? Panic! I guess I figure out something.
Ante
Site Admin

Postby gail » Thu 15 Jun 2006 21:24

You've had a bad day there, Ante. :(

Last night I lost our internet connection after a firmware update to my wireless router. Luckily tech support was able to get us back online again, but only after helping me set up a new network connection. This was the first time that I'd lifted my sons laptop. You are right! They are much heavier than they look... and I missed having a mouse to navigate with! :evil: The SSID was automatically found and I only had to enter the new password twice. In a way this was perfect timing, because then I knew how to connect my Nintendo DS-Lite for online games.

Hope you will find somebody to go with you on Midsummer Night. :) Is there any community events that you could attend where you don't need an invitation?
gail
Site Admin

Postby Pifou » Thu 15 Jun 2006 21:31

Yes you can use this one if you like Ante...
The name "Ante's Syberia Fan Page" is dedicated to you and you also can create thread as you want here... lol there's no police inside our walls...

You seems to be lost with your new job my friend but there's nothing strange from my point of view in such a situation...
Regarding your wireless connection, if site admins do not give you access rights, you will have some problems to do it... just try at first to speak with them, i'm sure there're nice guys...
Is the meeting your 1st meeting experience Ante ?... lol not so easy the 1st time, especially if you have a demonstration to perform... lol again...
I believe i understand what Juhannus is... but, once again, i know this feeling when everybody have fun for a day and you must do your job...
Just ask our Gail, she will explain to you how to stay cool when you work in an hospital...

Cheers
Pifou :wink:
Pifou
Shaman

Postby phil1908 » Fri 16 Jun 2006 08:50

bad day for me too...I lost all my pics from my Pc...how I don't know, certainly a mistake from myself, but in any case, what a pity!

before, you had the habit to use photos on paper in a book, from time to time, your forget or lost them in a removal... but now with the "stupid" idea to use digital camera, a single clic and everything can disappear...

:cry: hoping I refound some of them by friends or on survey copies, not sure :cry:
phil1908
Site Admin

Postby gail » Fri 16 Jun 2006 10:56

Pifou,
You must think I work at a hospital, but I don't. I do see the public in my job and have to always be polite.

Phil,
Is there some kind of recovery program you could install to recover those pics? Sorry to hear of your problem. :(
gail
Site Admin

Next

Return to EN - General